Friday, September 21, 2007

Cool or creepy?

Yesterday while I was walking over to the métro station, I passed a young guy wearing this really cool leather jacket.

It reminded me of my cool vintage leather jacket that I "inherited".

My FIL found his leather jacket from the early 60's/late 70's and everyone wanted it. So the H tried it on, as did his brother and his little sister's 17-year old BF, and it was too small for all of them. The the SIL tried it on but it was too big. So everyone suggested I try it on, and it fit me perfectly! (On a side note, I happened to find the FIL's hat from the same era last year and I was the only one who fit into the hat too - it was too small for everyone else).

So I was thinking about the cool vintage leather jacket yesterday and now I find myself torn between these two thoughts:
- It was so cool and a great stroke of luck that I got to inherit the coveted jacket since I was the only one who could fit into it. It's all very Cinderella-esque.
- It is kind of creepy that men's clothes fit me so well. It's also kind of creepy that the FIL in the 70's and I share the same clothing size.

Basically, I can't decide if it's cool that the jacket fits me or if it's totally creepy and weird because I have a scrawny man-body.

On a totally random side note, there are lots of tall, pale people wearing green wandering around the streets of Paris today - they would be the Irish supporters for the big rugby game tonight. I am totally rooting for Ireland to kick France's ass!

2 comments:

TJ said...

Although you don't have "a scrawny man-body," I had to laugh at the image of 'the H' reading that line. Hey, 'H', don't you just love getting into bed beside your wife's 'scrawny man-body'? lol.

parisiannewyorker said...

Ok, so maybe I don't have a "scrawny man-body" but you have to admit, it is never a good thing when you are the only one who fits into your father-in-law's clothes...