Monday, May 7, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Yay! After what seemed like a crazy trip, I am finally back home in New York.

I flew out of Paris and connected in Rome for the flight to New York; unfortunately, the flight to Rome was at 7:15 a.m.! I got to the airport at 6:20 a.m. only to find that someone had left a bag unattended in the airport and they blocked off the part where my check-in area was so they could blow up the bag. This meant that I just barely made the flight to Rome, which ended up taking off an hour late anyway, because they had to replace some part in the plane. That whole debacle left me with about 15 minutes to run through Fiumicino airport to make the connection to New York, whereupon I was told at the check-in counter that they had just received BOTH my suitcases for New York. After an 8 hour flight where I had the luck of sitting next to an annoying, drunk Italian guy about my age, I arrived dead tired at Newark only to find that one of my suitcases had made the trip and the other one was still sitting in Rome!

Anyway, this afternoon I got a phone call from the Alitalia people telling me they are delivering my other suitcase this afternoon, so thank goodness for that!

Also, I read this article in the New York Times recently that perfectly sums up what the French feel about change.

No comments: