Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Settling in

It's kinda cool to be back in NYC. Well, more precisely, I am in Westchester, chez Mom, while I wait for the H, who will join me in mid-April, and while I wait for the guy who is currently subletting my apartment in the East Village to clear out in May.

I haven't really gone out much; I'm still kind of tired and adjusting my body clock, so I spend a lot of time thinking about how I want to rework my portfolio. I also need to go and get a dress form soon, so I can really start working on stuff (my dress form back in Paris has indeed been requisitioned by SIL).

I did go to Whole Foods with mom on Sunday. It was really nice to see all the stores open on Sunday. It was also really nice and exciting to be able to actually buy stuff at the supermarket and be able to eat it. I love Whole Foods.

I've been taking it easy, just trying to relax this week before I settle down and start working on my portfolio and job hunting and all that. In mid-March, I have a meeting with one of my former professors at Parsons, so I'd like to have my portfolio at least started so I can get feedback. I've also pretty much finished my resumé (in English, and it is nice to not have to put my age, nationality, and marital status, and photo on it), so I can drop that off with Career Services so they can take a look and make any necessary changes. I'm ever so slowly coming out of my depressive funk now and I'm feeling much better these days (stomach and skin-wise - I haven't had any major stomach pains since I've been back and my skin is even starting to clear up).

In other news, Hillary Clinton won Ohio and the Texas primary (but we are still waiting on the Texas caucus results, which for now has Obama with a very thin lead). Argh! Is it me, or does it just seem like the Democratic primaries have become a never ending soap opera?

1 comment:

ashtanga en cevennes said...

So glad you're back home and feeling fine...