Thursday, March 13, 2008

Busted!

Good God! How embarrassing, the whole Elliot Spitzer debacle!

Even more embarrassing is that Elliot Spitzer went to my high school (though he graduated like, before I was born or something). Hmmmph. When he was elected governor, he was practically on the cover of the Alumni Magazine - he got a massive article dedicated to how his greatness and it most likely discussed how he got to where he was because of the fine education he received during his formative years at our high school. (I didn't actually read the entire article). I suppose he will not be featured in our illustrious Alumni Magazine any time soon, considering that his career is totally over.

I passed in front of his apartment building on Fifth Avenue this afternoon. Not because I wanted to, but because I was stuck in crazy Fifth Ave traffic jam due to massive camera crews camped out in front of his building. I mean, even the CW11 had their camera crew too! (I have always thought of the CW as a not very newsworthy-serious type channel due to programs such as "America's Next Top Model", that Pussycat Dolls reality show, and "Gossip Girl"). Though it was all rather non-exciting because Spitzer was not even outside.

Jeez. As my friend Annie pointed out this afternoon, either you crusade against the hookers, but don't do it with them on the side, or you do it with the hookers on the side, but don't crusade against them.

This whole thing merely serves to reinforce my unfounded belief that all politicians are creepy, megalomaniac liars.



(Photo from NY Times). I think it's absolutely priceless, the way his wife is glaring at him. He's all giving his speech like, "Oooh, I resign, and now I will work towards healing my family blah blah blah" and she's all, "Dude, I am so going to kick yo' ass!"

Also, here is the link to the SNL skit where they make fun of the Clinton-Obama debates. I'd been wanting to post it since last week, but couldn't figure out how to link to it, so yay me! I finally figured it out! Anyway, it's really hysterical:

No comments: