Monday, March 17, 2008

Damn you, La Poste!

Argh! Where are my boxes????

About a week before I left, I went down to the post office near our apartment in the 16th arrondissement and mailed myself a bunch of boxes of crap. Most of them (well actually, I only mailed out 2 boxes - one of wovens and one of knits) contained fabric scraps and balls of yarn that I am using for my portfolio. They told me it would all arrive in about 2 - 3 weeks, as I was sending them Economy rather than Priority.

Well, it's been at least 3 weeks now and I STILL have not received my boxes!!!!

And now I find that desperately I need those stupid fabric scraps as I have redone my portfolio (well, I redid the collage and edited down my croquis, but as I used spray mount to put my croquis in, I have managed to un-stick and re-stick everything in nice manner. But I need those fabric scraps so I can recut out little squares to go with my croquis!

Hmmmph. Why is it that sometimes things arrive quite quickly via La Poste and sometimes they take forever? Like a month before I left, I mailed a box of books to my mom's house and it got there in a couple of days!

One could say that I could just go out to Mood Fabrics and buy a bunch of 1/4 yard scraps of fabric to use for my portfolio, but it's just the principle of it. I am not going to be using those Frenchie fabric scraps for anything else other than portfolio use.

Argh. Now I am off to Career Services with a half-done portfolio. I am sure I will receive some sort of mini-lecture about how one's portfolio needs to be presentable and COMPLETE.

Oh yeah. And while I am in the whole "damn you!" mode, damn you, Apple France! Where are my 97,50 euros????? They STILL have not reimbursed me! And I have left the country! Well, at least I left my computer's serial # and all other pertinent info for the H, who has already called once and been told that I should have been reimbursed by now (duh) but that he needs to call back another day to speak to someone else. Hmmmmmph!

No comments: