Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Too much information!

Politics. Politicians. Blech! Couldn't care less!

That said, some politicians are just such easy targets for criticism. Like Nicolas Sarkozy, for example. He's so hyperactive and all up in your face that you can't help but not like him (in my opinion; I suppose he must have his share of admirers as well).

Speaking of Sarko, what is up with him and Carla Bruni? It's like, "Eeewww! TMI!" If I were French, I would NOT be happy with this situation. The last thing I want is to see him smugly flaunting this "relationship". I'd much rather he be discreet about the whole thing.

Plus, it must be quite embarrassing for the people who are receiving him and Carla when they go visiting (and by visiting, I mean flaunting). It's like, "Hmmm. What's the protocol when a foreign president comes here with his....mistress...?"

I was all surprised that Carla, being quite the hottie and having dated such cool people like Mick Jagger, would date Sarko. The H and I had a discussion about it the other day:

Me: Ugh. Why? Why would she date Sarko? Ick! She's totally hot and he's....not.
H: Duh, he's the PRESIDENT.
Me: Yeah, but I think she could do much better.
H: (incredulously) Better than a PRESIDENT?
Me: Well, yeah! She dated Mick Jagger. And Vincent Perez.
H: (sarcastic) Ooooh. What great catches.
Me: Hey, Vincent Perez is kind of hot.
H: Whatever, he's not the PRESIDENT OF FRANCE.
Me: Well, I still think she could do better. She's already rich, so she's obviously not dating him for his money. And come on, he's the president of France. He hasn't got THAT MUCH power on the world stage. It's not like he's the President of the US. Or Gordon Brown. Or even Vladimir Putin.
H: Duh, she's into it for the power trip. She wants to be powerful. And Sarkozy is a little bit powerful. More than she is, at least. And he's the only head of state who's single.
Me: I don't know. She's like, an heiress. She doesn't seem to be a very...political person, if you know what I mean. And what if she becomes First Lady of France? How embarrassing! There are like, tons of naked pictures of her, and she's like, slept with everyone. Oooh! I know! Maybe this is just a press thing. Like, a fake marriage and all that.
H: I suppose that wouldn't be impossible.
Me: I just find it hard to believe that Sarkozy would get married after dating Carla for like, a month. I mean, he JUST divorced Cecilia! Plus, I think a majority of people sympathize with her, like "Oh my god, the poor thing! She was married to that crazy megalomaniac who only just now granted her a divorce! What's wrong with him?"
H: Whatever. I don't really care. But I do think Sarkozy is an insane, power-hungry freak. And he is very short and ugly. Especially when he's standing next to Carla Bruni.

In other political news, I am very bummed about Obama losing to Hillary in NH. Hillary. Ugh. If I hear her say one more time, "I have 35 years of experience! I have 35 years of change behind me!" I am totally going to freak out. Plus, I do not appreciate her tactics of insulting other candidates. That said, she might actually be a very nice person, but I don't know. It's like she lacks that natural charm and charisma that other politicians have, and she comes across as a Snooty Ice Queen Who Never Dies And Is Always Right And You Are Always Wrong. And I didn't hate Bill, but he really annoyed me with the whole Monica thing - another case of Too Much Information.

1 comment:

ashtanga en cevennes said...

Ugh! Exactly!

He is an ugly little megalomanic. The whole thing is just ewww.