Tuesday, June 17, 2008

When It Rains...

I read this article in the New York Times, which was quite interesting, about Barack Obama and what his nomination means for France's black population.

I also read the article to the H, who was not impressed. "Bah!" he said, "You Americans hype up everything - it is SO not a big deal in France, and no one cares. Just like in France it is not a big deal about those riots, but here in America you all think it's some major news story!". Well, I don't know, but I do think that the H, being white, and being a "français de souche" would definitely not be able to see things from the point of view of a black person.

In other news, things have been quite hectic. I had an interview yesterday, one this afternoon, and three more interviews this week. It's quite odd, as I pointed out to the H, that these interviews and callbacks all seem to come in waves. When I first got back and started looking for jobs, I had several interviews all at the same time, in the period of about two weeks. Then suddenly, it seemed as though everything came to a complete stand still, as I received zero responses, then it started pouring interviews. It quieted down again in the past several weeks, and now everyone is calling me again at the same time. I'm quite hopeful this time around, as two of the interviews are actually second interviews, plus one is from someone who received my resume via a third person and contacted me about a position opening up. I'm crossing my fingers to hear back from a couple of other places which would be more appealing to me, although they are not Large Corporations, but small high end womenswear companies, and the position would be for womenswear design. On the other hand, the second interviews are with Very Large Corporations which I feel would be much more interesting in terms of salary and benefits, but they are not in womenswear.

Ah well. We shall see. I have resolved not to stress out about it, and will just let it all Flow. Anyway, must do project for second interview number 2.

**Update: Just got back from 2nd interview number 2 with Very Large Corporation and must do special project for them, which means a 3rd interview...

No comments: