Friday, October 12, 2007

Reality TV

Ok, so I am going to come out of the closet and admit this embarrassing little secret I have.

I like to watch America's Next Top Model.

I know, I know, the shame!

No one has posted the latest episode of ANTM yet, so I have been going crazy because I want to see those makeovers! Everyone knows that a makeover episode is the best because that is when the melt-downs start.

Which got me thinking, isn't it mean and a little not normal to actually like watching bitchy girls diss each other all day?
I mean, once I had a conversation with my friend Raefer about reality shows. He was all, "A successful reality show can't be complicated - when there are all these rules and stuff, you have trouble following what's supposed to be going on. You need to keep it simple." And I interjected with, "Ah. I get you. Like America's Next Top Model. That's as simple as it gets." And Raefer said, "Oh yeah, see, now there aren't really any rules there. It's just a bunch of bitches tearing each other down." I said, "I know, isn't it great?"

But you see, I know for a fact that I am not the only one who gets immense pleasure watching whiny teenagers having meltdowns. Obviously lots and lots of people like it too, considering it's on its 9th season and I'm guessing it's still up there as far as ratings go.

But why do none of the eliminations make any sense? How come we never see any of the winners after ANTM? What is the deal with Tyra trying to be Oprah Winfrey? And more importantly, why on earth did Jaslene win last season?

No comments: