Friday, October 26, 2007

Oh, the pain....

Okay, is it just me, or is the second season of Heroes shaping up to be quite a disappointment?

I mean, it just seems to have lost some of its oooomph.

That whole Claire/West story is really annoying, and after watching the latest episode online yesterday, I'm wondering why they even put in the Hiro/Kensei scenes! And what is up with the Hot Twins? That story just keeps lagging too! It's like, "Just get to the U.S., already!!!!"

On another topic, I went and got a haircut yesterday. I figured I'd try out the Jean-Louis David downstairs from my apartment. I was not happy at all. I think she cut my hair way too short. Plus, the cut ended up being quite pricey - I forget that here in France, they charge you for a "brushing" (when they blow dry out your hair with that giant roll brush thingy). I realized it after she started doing the "brushing" that I was going to be charged for it (not to mention the brushing did not do any wonders for my too-short haircut) but I didn't know if I should screech "STOP! STOP IT NOW!!" But still, I specifically told the hairdresser that my hair is supposed to be long and layered in the front and short in the back. I even pointed out a picture that resembles my usual haircut, but it does NOT look anything like it should. (My hair is usually at chin level in the front and really short in the back - but she lopped off the front part of my hair at about ear level). There was that awful sinking feeling when I realized she messed up - though it was hard to tell at first, cause she took the front part of my hair, pulled it up so it was horizontal, and then SNIP. When she let go of my hair, that was when I noticed that it fell only to ear level! But by then it was obviously too late since she had to cut the other side of my hair to be even.

I should really look on the bright side of things. I mean, this is like, the first time in 10 years that I have a haircut that I don't like - that's a lot of good haircuts, so you know, I was obviously bound to get stuck with a bad one. Plus, now I am all androgynous looking, which could be fun when I wear the leather jacket I inherited from my FIL. I mean, it's like I've got the vintage leather jacket, the scrawny man-body, and a haircut that will now keep people guessing about my gender. The only thing that's missing is some ck One perfume.

Oh, well. At least it will grow out soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, can you PLEASE tell me how you are watching Heroes online?? I'm addicted to the show and NBC pulled out of their contract with iTunes so there are no more new episodes that I can watch on iTunes! I'm sending you an email with my email addy so you can tell me. lol I need to know!

I know you can watch them on Amazon...but it requires windows and I don't want to run windows on my Mac just yet...not sure...

parisiannewyorker said...

Hey eclat -
I sent you an email with the website!