Thursday, October 11, 2007

I Miss NYC

Today I happened to stop by La Vie Claire, which is this "bio" (organic) grocery store.
Seeing as I was in need of some gluten-free foods I stopped in and ended up buying a bunch of stuff and then paying for the plastic grocery bags as well, since I did not come prepared with my own shopping bag.

Anyway, there is also a fresh bakery in there, and I ended up spending way more time than I really needed to browsing all the aisles and everything. I mean, it just smelled SO GOOD - fresh baked bread, fresh baked pizzas, and all that stuff.

This has since given me this crazy craving for pizza which I cannot eat on account of the whole gluten intolerance thing.

Ugh, if only I was in NYC - I would hop in a cab and head down to Risotteria, which is only like, the BEST gluten-free restaurant in NYC...(and maybe even the WORLD). They make such delicious gluten free pizza that you even forget it's gluten-free. Plus the risotto there is just so.....good.....!

It's times like these when I find myself having embarrassing conversations in my head with my body. Something along the lines of:
Me: Oh, if only I could just have a taste of some delicious pizza....! I wonder if maybe this time I won't get sick?
Body: OH NO YOU DID NOT!!!!!!
Me: I mean, okay, so I get really sick afterwards, but maybe it would be worth it - the craving is driving me crazy!
Body: Hey, remember last time, when you "accidentally" ate something that had gluten in it? Remember how horrible you felt? I will make you feel TEN TIMES WORSE if do it again.

Isn't it funny how we just take some things for granted? I mean, if I had known that in my mid-20's I would have this whole gluten intolerance thing going on, I definitely would have eaten a lot pizza and bagels and real, normal pasta.

Damn you, gluten!

No comments: