Sunday, July 8, 2007

Yes!

Aha!

I have managed to pull myself together for the wedding (in about 12 days!!).

I didn't get around to booking a facial, but I did manage to get my hair cut, buy a headband (I refuse to do the French tradition of wearing a gigantic hat), and booked myself a manicure/pedicure for the Friday before the wedding.

I also ordered my bouquet (white calla lilies), and a boutonnier for the BF (a white rose) and we ordered the "centerpieces" (in quotes, since it's a buffet and not very fancy at all, but we did pick out 2 different bouquets to put on the buffet table) from the small town florist near the in-laws (more on that in another post).

I decorated the bread baskets with ribbons this afternoon, and will decorate the mini vase things next week.

We picked up the dragées that we will be giving out as wedding favors to guests.

Finally, my mom arrives in Paris on Friday!!! I'm actually very nervous because my mom doesn't speak a word of French and the in-laws don't speak a single word of English. My mom has not bothered getting a phrasebook in French and the in-laws do not seem the least bit motivated to practice saying a few words in English.

I can just imagine all the awkwardness and silent dinners....

No comments: